DevOps Team Leader
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
- As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
As a DevOps Team Leader, you will be leading a talented team of site reliability engineers toward the vision of building a true DevOps culture. You’ll provide tools and automate infrastructure processes to enable development teams and allow them to take full ownership of their microservices and really be independent. You will be building the infrastructure to support large-scale, distributed, and fault-tolerant production critical systems using Kubernetes and a full CI/CD solution using ArgoCD and terraform.
The ideal candidate will be a DevOps believer advocating for it while implementing Gitops ideas and with a strong passion for automation. They will be ready to tackle complex problems of scale unique to Riskified and will use their expertise in operations, automation, public cloud, security and large-scale systems, and will be able to design, code, and maintain high performance and available infrastructure.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, build and manage Riskified’s next-generation infrastructure, addressing growing scale and microservices architecture
- Design, build and manage Riskified’s multiple Kubernetes clusters, introduce various operators and develop custom ones, using Istio, ArgoCD and Prometheus
- Lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers, each plays a key role in planning and executing our product roadmap
- Head Riskified’s extensive production system development, pipeline and health, ensuring that we’re highly available to our customers and support their critical flows
- Lead the team’s agile process, set priorities, conduct scrum meetings and track performance and delivery
- Advance the SRE and DevOps philosophy in Riskified’s development department
Our Stack: Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Prometheus, Docker, Terraform, Go, Kafka, Ruby, Scala, Elastic stack, Redshift, RDS, and more
- 6+ years of prior experience as a Devops Engineer/SRE
- 2+ years of prior experience as a DevOps/SRE team leader
- Experience and deep understanding of container-orchestration systems - Working with Kubernetes is a big advantage
- Background in Linux administration in a large scale environment
- Experience working with configuration management (such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Proficiency with at least one scripting/programming language (preferably Go)
- Experience with Build/Deploy/CI/CD tools (such as GoCD, ArgoCD, CircleCI)
- Extensive experience working with cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Proficient with monitoring tools (preferably Grafana, Prometheus)
- Operational experience working with databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch) - advantage
- Experience as a developer - advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV - check it out here!
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
- Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, role-based technical skills training, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In the News
Back to top