Data Scientist - Offline Team
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our Research Team
- We are focused on bringing value to Riskified through the development of models and analytical solutions across domains. We use a wide variety of advanced techniques and algorithms to provide maximum value from data in all shapes and sizes: classic ML and deep learning, supervised and unsupervised, NLP, anomaly detection, graph theory, and more.
- We use the most cutting-edge solutions - from event driven (Kafka), to big data solutions (Spark), Cloud operations (Docker & Kubernetes), Workflow orchestration (Airflow & Argo) and Machine Learning Platforms (Databricks & Kubeflow), working in Python and R.
- We’re a friendly, fun and diverse team. We’re passionate about making data-driven decisions, being open-minded and creative, while communicating openly and honestly. We thrive in a continuous learning culture to promote growth and remain at the forefront of technological innovation.
About the Role
The Offline team is responsible for the detection of large, sophisticated fraud attacks. Our models sit after the real-time decision-making models, and our goal is to take a proactive approach to find complex fraud patterns that are not detected otherwise. To solve this complex and dynamic problem we combine supervised and unsupervised models. We are responsible for the design, research and development of these tools, hence part of our work includes writing production code.
We are looking for a full-stack Data Scientist, with a strong background in mathematics or statistics, and the ability to write production code. Experience with graph theory or anomaly detection is a big advantage
What You'll Be Doing
- Build and apply ML/DL algorithms to catch sophisticated fraud schemes that aren’t detected by our first line of defense.
- Own the end-to-end development of our tools; including design, infrastructure and deployment.
- Hands-on working on big data analytics (data consuming, modeling and visualization).
- Work closely with other teams to maintain the tools and incorporate new capabilities.
- Be part of a team that works together on interesting long-term DS initiatives.
- M.Sc/Ph.D with at least 2 years of experience as a Data Scientist in the industry
- Solid understanding of statistics, applied mathematics and data science best-practices
- Ability to write clean and concise code, ideally in Python
- Experience with Spark and/or MLOps methodologies
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly explain complex concepts
- Creative thinker with a proven ability to innovate through data exploration and application of advanced solutions
- Experience with Graph Theory and Anomaly Detection - Advantage
- Experience writing production code - Advantage
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow or CI/CD- Advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 650+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV - check it out here!
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Equity to all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
- Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In the News
Back to top