Data Science Team Lead
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
Riskified’s success stems from our ability to optimize approval rates to create significant value for the merchants using our decisions engine, in the form of increased revenue and better customer experience.
The Decision Optimization Team will lead the research and development of several products that are designed to increase the value of our core product and increase our ability to optimize performance.
The team will develop a solid understanding of the bank ecosystem and research ways to improve the end to end payment funnel using multiple models in different parts of the payment flow. In addition, the team will work on improving our chargebacks representment flow utilizing ML algorithms.
Additionally, one of the main challenges for the team will be to test various orders ranking functions to maximize different business metrics, utilising multiple ML algorithms that review different facets of the online transaction.
As the Team Lead of a brand new team, you will have a unique opportunity to shape its work and focus. You’ll work directly with Riskified Product Managers to shape the future of Riskified product offering, and will be in charge of the professional development of your team. You’ll need a holistic view of Riskified’s challenges and have a keen understanding of the underlying goals of the department and company. You’ll lead the team, be in charge of their professional development, and bring measurable value to the Riskified’s product through your team's efforts.
What You'll Be Doing
- Directly manage a team of 3-5 Data Scientists
- Constantly experiment with additional ways to improve our product offering, including complex experimental design
- Lead the research for Riskified decision optimization products, working closely with Product on identifying the needs and answering
- Work closely with the Dev & Product teams to implement the research results in production
- At least 4 years experience as a data scientist/machine learning engineer in the industry
- At least 2 years experience as a team lead of a data science/machine learning engineering team
- M.Sc in exact sciences
- Team player, amazing collaborator
- Ability to write clean and concise code in R and/or Python
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly explain complex concepts
- Creative thinker with a proven ability to tackle open problems and apply non-trivial solutions
- Solid understanding of statistics and applied mathematics
- Good understanding of the payment ecosystem - strong advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 500+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Keren Hishtalmut and pension
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more
In the News
Back to top