- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
- As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
Riskified, a data-driven organization from day one, heavily relies on it’s big data platform.
Our Data Engineering Group plays a crucial role in scaling and expanding our operations. On one hand building complex mass data processing for our machine learning flows, and research requirements. On the other hand, providing a large scale production-grade data infrastructure for our real-time services.
We’re looking for a talented multi-disciplinary Big Data Architect to help us build scalable and robust data architecture,
In this role, you’ll be a source of technical knowledge and experience, facilitating, building (hands-on), and mentoring great technical decisions.
You’ll be involved in multi-faceted projects at once, where you’ll be required to solve complex problems that require a varied and multi-disciplinary skillset.
You’ll need to understand the full picture, and design system architecture end-to-end, with high attention to user and business requirements.
You’ll conduct POC’s, to help choose the right technologies for the job.
You’d design and model our various data stores including the data lake, and real time databases.
Our Technological Stack includes: Scala/Spark, Dynamodb, Elasticsearch, Airflow, Snowflake, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, and more. .
What You'll Be Doing
- Architect and build a highly scalable data platform for diversified and complex data flows
- Guide our development teams by setting technical directions and providing standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Influence product roadmap strategy and coordinate it with the architecture vision
- Track and identify relevant new technologies in the market and push their incorporation into the product through research and proof of concept activities (hands-on)
- 10+ years experience in data and/or software architectural design, and engineering in a production-grade large-scale platform
- Experience with data lake storage (cloud/Hadoop based) and data formats (Parquet/ORC etc)
- Experience with data serving layers (Presto/Hive etc)
- Experience with Spark development
- Experience with streaming platforms like Spark/Flink/KStreams etc
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience working with distributed NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch/Cassandra/DynamoDB/Redis etc)
- Experience with high-scale, high-volume relational databases, and SQL language
- Significant knowledge in big data language - familiarity with a variety of big data technologies in the big data world
- Experience in AWS cloud (or similar)
- DevOps skills such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudformation, etc. - advantage
- BSc Computer Science/Data Management or equivalent
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV - check it out here!
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
- Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, role-based technical skills training, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In the News
Back to top