Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
- As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented multi disciplinary Data Engineer with passion for infrastructure, who will be responsible for the performance, scale, and stability of our core streaming platform. We are a data-driven organization, ingesting data at high rates, with demands increasing each day.
As a Big Data Infrastructure Engineer, you will be part of the Data Engineering group and will be responsible for a large scale production streaming platform that serves as the core infrastructure of our products. You'll develop self-service tools that support the accessibility of our platform for the use of other dev departments. We will look to you to be a center of knowledge, consult, and share your expertise with others.
What You'll Be Doing
- Implement the future data streaming platform in Riskified, providing real-time and near real-time scalable and resilient platform for our growing stack of products and microservices
- Administrate, provision and monitor our streaming platform
- Develop, maintain and enhance the Streaming related Application infrastructure.
- Guide development teams and mentor other team members
- Use your creativity to resolve complex and high scale data related issues
- Research new technologies, starting from POC level to production grade systems.
- At least 3 years prior experience as a Data Engineer / Big Data Infrastructure engineer
- Hands-on experience with Data Streaming technologies: Apache Kafka / Apache Pulsar / Spark Streaming / Kstream / Apache Flink
- B.Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience working on high scale, production-grade projects
- Experience with the Cloud Native stack( Kubernetes / Prometheus/Istio etc.)
- Experience with a cloud provider (AWS, Google etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools (Ansible, Terraform etc.)
- Experience with Scala
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 650+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our Tel Aviv team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We’ll be moving to a new space in TLV - check it out here!
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Equity to all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
- Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, birthday celebrations, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, role-based technical skills training, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In the News
Back to top