Big Data Architect
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
Big data analysis is at the core of our technology and we need a system that can quickly and efficiently process data at scale.
Our Data Engineering team plays a crucial role in scaling and expanding our operations by building complex mass data processing for our machine learning flows, and large-scale production-grade data infrastructure for our real-time services.
We are looking for a talented multi-disciplinary Big Data Architect to help us build scalable and robust data architecture.
In this role, you’ll be a source of technical knowledge and experience, facilitating, building (hands- on) and mentoring great technical decisions.
You’ll be required to solve complex problems that require a varied and multi-disciplinary skill-set, understand the bigger picture, design system architecture, design and build highly complex data flows, and manage multiple, multi-faceted projects at once.
What You'll Be Doing
- Architect and build highly scalable data solutions for diversified and complex data flows
- Guide our development teams by setting technical directions and providing standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Influence product roadmap strategy and coordinate it with the architecture vision
- Track and identify relevant new technologies in the market and push their incorporation into the product through research and proof of concept activities (hands on)
- 10+ years experience in architectural design, and engineering of a production-grade large-scale data infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience working with high scale NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch/Cassandra/dynamodb/redis, etc
- Experience with high-scale, high-volume relational databases and SQL language
- Significant knowledge in big data language -familiarity of a variety of solutions in the big data world, how they work with one another, where they fit, etc.
- Experience in AWS cloud (or similar)
- Previous ownership over an internet scale production grade SAAS system
- Hands on development in Spark - advantage
- DevOps skills such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudformation, etc - advantage
- BSc Computer Science/Data Management or Mamram (IDF)
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 350 team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more
In the News
Meet Some of Riskified's Employees
Merrin T.Account Executive
"The enterprises we work with are often complex and involve conversations with multiple teams and individuals—it's a good thing I love people! I really enjoy building relationships and my job allows me to do that every day."
Sarah R.Director of Account Management
"I encourage every account manager to own their work, end-to-end. This means having the autonomy to make decisions and deliver results. As a growing company, these decisions and results have a direct and measurable impact on Riskified as a whole, which is a very rewarding process."
Back to top