Backend Developer - Machine Learning Platform Team
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion.
Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
About the Role
At Riskified, we review millions of transactions per day and make very fast decisions that are part of our customers’ critical business flow. We collect and analyze terabytes types of data, and use machine learning algorithms to create the world’s best fraud detection system.
As a Backend Developer, you will become a valuable member of an innovative and fast-growing team responsible for our machine learning platform and scaled analysis tools that provide us the accuracy and speed of handling our large scale systems.
As part of the team, you will work alongside our Data Science department, Data and Core Engineering teams.
We believe that our talented and brilliant developers are the key to a scalable and innovative product. We constantly strive to find new technologies that best meet our goals of scalable, stable, and robust systems.
Our Technological Stack includes: Scala, Ruby, Node.js, Angular, Python, Apache Spark, Postgres, Redshift, AWS, Kubernetes, Dynamo DB, Kafka, Docker
What You'll Be Doing
- Conceptualize and develop largely scalable architectures for our machine learning systems and platforms
- Work with large scales in all fashions - real-time, and batch jobs - across a wide array of programming languages (Scala, Angular, Node.js, Python, SQL) and technologies (Apache Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Deploy your code to production daily, using our CI\D tools
- Be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within our main web application
- Take an important role in developing end-to-end products that will benefit Riskified’s main products greatly
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product managers teams to design and launch new features end-to-end
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent certifications
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Backend developer
- Java/ C# - must
- Experience in building great performing, highly scalable solutions
- An autodidactic approach to software development
- A passion for writing clean and robust code
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of micro-service and cloud-native architectures
- Familiar with Apache Spark - a big advantage
- Scala - big advantage
- Angular - advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 500+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Keren Hishtalmut and pension
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more
In the News
Back to top