Sr. UCaaS/CCaaS Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Senior UCaaS/CCaaS Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Location: New York Metro area / Remote
Department: Solutions Engineering
The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented and committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market. Do you have the ability to thrive in start up environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
Key member of the customer facing sales team having primary responsibility for providing pre-sales technical support for all RingCentral products and services. Interacts directly with all levels of management on the customer accounts including the executive management team (CEO, CTO, COO, CIO, etc.) Identifies key customer requirements and presents RingCentral solutions that meet those requirements.
· Direct account responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory.
· Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
· Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to customers.
· Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
· Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
· Perform advanced technical presentations for customers, and prospects remotely and in-person.
· Develop advanced system configurations and implementations in response to customer needs and requirements.
· Develop and maintain expert understanding of all RingCentral applications and products.
· Representation at conferences, industry, and sales events when requested by department manager.
· Actively participate as a SME for certain products and technologies, providing consultative support to other Sales Engineers in their area of specialization.
· Provide direct support for the technical fulfillment of RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s in their assigned territory.
· Manage all customer feature requests including documentation of customer requirements, prioritization of all customer requests within each account, and driving development of key features with the product team.
· Responsible for continued education on the platform and underlying technologies.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Ability to provide technical leadership to the account team.
· Ability to work effectively on a remote basis.
· Ability to teach other members of the team and act as a mentor as required.
· Requires an action oriented individual with a very strong initiative to be successful.
· Willingness to take ownership of accounts and account related actions.
· Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
· Ability to complete job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects
· Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
· Willingness to travel throughout assigned region.
· Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization: Voice, Video, Mobile Communications, Fixed Mobile Convergence
· VoIP, Mobile, or IMS Network Architectures (including experience with all VoIP network elements – Soft Switch, MGW, MGC, SBC, CPE, etc)
· Strong understanding of VoIP and data networking protocols including: SIP, MGCP, RTP, IMS, HTTP/S, XML, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, etc.
· Understanding of customer communications requirements for enterprise business markets.
· Competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings.
· Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
· Fluent in English (both written and verbal).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and negotiating skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to excel at understanding and communicating complex technical solutions and issues.
· 10+ years experience in VoIP network architecture, products, protocols, and solutions.
· Pre-Sales experience required.
· Strong telecommunications background (with telephony and Soft Switch emphasis preferred).
· RingCentral product experience and/or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis are preferred.
· Network Design background highly desired.
· Some understanding of software development technologies is desirable.
· Experience with telecommunications network design, architecture, and support.
· Some experience with project management and resource tracking desired.
· Some experience in Network Management, Operations, Security, Planning, Traffic Engineering and Implementation desired.
· Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and track projects.
Now, a little more about us...
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.
Back to top