Senior Tax Manager
Senior Tax Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in cloud-based communications.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1 billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
The Team and the Position
The Senior Tax Manager will join a fast-paced finance team of high-caliber professionals from companies like Intel, Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Facebook, Dropbox, Verifone, Yahoo!, Goldman Sachs, Equinix, Merrill Lynch, KPMG and PwC. At the senior leadership is a dynamic and well-respected CFO who is a forward-thinker invested in building a world-class finance organization.
The Senior Tax Manager will report to the Head of Global Tax and will manage our global day to day tax operations and provide tax planning and structuring support for our businesses. This support includes liaising with our external providers for tax provision and international compliance, M&A and tax planning, and numerous ad hoc projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organization and project management skills and the ability to work well with various business partners and functions.
- Oversee the preparation and review of the federal, state and foreign income tax returns
- Oversee the preparation and review of quarterly estimated tax payments
- SME in direct tax, compliance, provisions, and international planning.
- Manage income tax audits including the preparation of responses to inquiries from tax authorities
- Coordinate special projects such as the R&D credit study
- Assist with coordinating VAT/GST payments and related issues
- Assist the business development group by providing advice and conducting due diligence on M&A transactions
- Assist with the quarterly ASC 740 tax provision calculations and SEC reporting
- Assist with the accrual for uncertain tax positions
- Coordinate the preparation of transfer pricing studies
- Analyze and review inter-company transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy
- 8+ years tax experience with preference of of industry and public accounting experience
- CPA, Masters in Tax, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- A strong ability to work in a team environment and willing to "roll up your sleeves"
- Analytical and enjoy solving problems
- Detail-oriented and able to see “the Big Picture”
- Excellent customer service skills with a positive attitude
Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Belmont, CA (close to highways 101, 280, and 92)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as One™ from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.
Back to top