Senior Oracle DBA
Senior Oracle DBA
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
- Installation, maintenance and monitoring of production database infrastructure
- Expertise in Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Golden Gate or related replication technologies
- Beginner level experience with Mongodb
- Participation in on-call rotation for support of production infrastructure.
- Working with server hardware infrastructure administration staff to ensure compatibility, reliability and capacity of databases in underlying hardware or virtual environments.
- Working with Development teams to diagnose and resolve issues related to the design and maintenance of infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Participation in deployment activities for production, staging and development environments.
- Documenting and maintaining installation procedures, issue resolutions, environment configurations, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Familiarity with Enterprise policies such as change management system, incident response , ticketing system is a must.
- 7+ years of experience as Oracle Database Administrator in high-load production environment.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle RDBMS fundamentals, including architecture, maintenance, monitoring.
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate replication or another replication technology.
- Experience with RMAN backup/recovery for Oracle RDBMS.
- Experience with MongoDB database.
- Understanding of Linux or other Unix-like Operation systems.
- Scripting and automation of routine database related tasks using Shell, SQL and PL/SQL.
Educational and Personal:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific disciplines.
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-starting individual capable of working on a team or independently.
- Ability to work in office and remotely.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.
Back to top