Senior Manager of Equity Compensation
Senior Manager of Equity Compensation
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Belmont, CA
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and connect from anywhere, on any device. RingCentral unifies voice, video, team messaging and collaboration, conferencing, online meetings, and integrated contact center solutions. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in cloud-based communications.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
The Team and the Position:
The Senior Manager of Equity Compensation will join a fast-paced finance team of high-caliber professionals from companies like Intel, Salesforce.com, NetSuite, FaceBook, Dropbox, Verifone, Yahoo!, Goldman Sachs, Equinix, Merrill Lynch, KPMG and PwC. At the senior leadership is a dynamic and well-respected CFO who is a forward-thinker invested in building a world-class finance organization.
The Senior Manager of Equity Compensation will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Stock Administration for RNG’s global equity program while fostering a culture of collaboration and constant improvement as the company continues to scale and expand globally. The ideal candidate is a big-picture, strategic thinker with a roll-up their sleeves mindset, strong technical and analytical skills, and demonstrated acumen in both domestic and international equity programs and equity transactions. This is a forward-facing role with key internal stakeholders in Finance, Accounting, Legal and Employee Success, as well as external providers including E*TRADE. He/she will be a leader within a passionate, highly-intelligent, and self-motivated environment.
Selected Priorities for the Role
- All aspects of daily equity compensation administration surrounding: Non-Qualified Stock Options, Restricted Stock Units, ESPP and Performance Based Equity including a dual class share structure
- Develop stock administration function, including improvements in processes and implementing automated solutions
- Provide oversight and management of stock-based compensation database
- Prepare and process new equity awards, exercises, terminations and releases
- Ensure accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to payroll
- Ability to interface with other internal departments as well as external vendors
- Partner with legal on management of employee trading plans and open trading windows
- Partner with human resources on management of grants for new hires and merit grants
- Be the point of contact for employee inquiries and requests regarding equity programs and equity transactions
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and all other applicable laws
- Generate and submit SEC Forms 3, 4, & 5 and all Section 16 reporting
- Handle all disqualifying disposition reporting
- Assist with the preparation of equity-related exhibits for the Board and Compensation Committee.
- Minimum 7 years of proven experience administering the stock plans for a publicly traded company or equivalent specific related field such as finance or accounting in a public company
- Solid experience working with Equity Edge Online and third-party administration tools
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance or Accounting)
- Active CEP required
- Proven experience with SEC filings, particularly Forms 3 & 4
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to keep confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Experience working effectively with other internal departments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in direction
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills (written, verbal, and presenting)
Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Belmont, CA (close to highways 101, 280, and 92)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.
Back to top