Number Transfer Specialist
- Paris, France
The Number Transfer Specialist position is part of a team that is responsible for the overall service delivery of voice and number porting to customers (new and existing) from the time the order is received to order completion. In addition, the Number Transfer Specialist directive is focused on providing quality customer service experience, timely product delivery, strong task management skills that the ability to identify problems and provide constructive resolution.
Creates and processes local service requests (LSR). Coordinates and monitors order progress with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC) and Interexchange Carriers (IXC). Processes orders using Carrier Portals and Internal databases. Coordinates order activities within internal departments, carriers, End-Users, and/or Vendors. May act as porting project manager when needed.
- Creates and processes all new ports & installs for new or existing customers accurately and timely.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy, provisioning and tracking orders from implementation/delivery to billing.
- Responsible for handling local number porting escalations by facilitating close and frequent customer communication and escalating with underlying carriers
- Responsible for coordinating with internal resources across multiple global locations regarding RingCentral Global Office cases for large, strategic global customers
- Responsible for handling project ports and holding the role of Porting Coordinator for core professional services projects, closely updating the project manager and customer on porting updates for multiple global locations throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Initiate and maintain regular communications with customer and vendor to review and verify order, review required information to provide services requested, schedule/coordinate service installation and communicate milestone dates with Customer and/or Vendor.
- Follow standard due date guidelines for each underlying service provider.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects and cases.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage day to day order process to ensure completion within established intervals.
- Perform data validation and entry as required.
- Develop and maintain liaison relationships both internal and external to the company.
- Practical knowledge of industry guidelines and practices for LNP CSR's and LSR's.
- Closely monitor porting lead times to ensure optimal port turnaround time
- Experience in dealing with Incumbent Local Exchange Companies (ILEC) for service as well as escalation procedures.
- The ability to escalate LNP Port In’s
- Work closely with assigned project manager to ensure installs are properly handled.
- Troubleshooting with the Vendor for service impacting issues.
- Resolve assigned customer ticket issues.
- Ensure supplemental request are properly handled internally and externally.
- Customer Service, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information , Multitasking, Critical Thinking, Pro Activity, Time Management, Organized, Troubleshooting skills.
- Able to read and interpret CSRs and LOA information from various carriers.
- Ability to use personal computer and basic software applications; for example: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Two or four year college degree (preferred, not required)
- Relevant work experience: 2+ years of telecommunication porting related experience and knowledge of UK and European carriers.
- Foundational level experience and understanding around UK and Western European carriers, and how the basics of porting works in the UK (Submitting ports and facilitating communications with core carriers)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to escalate to 2nd level with carriers and follow-up for issue resolution.
- Attention to detail.
- Prior experience in provisioning LSR’s & LNP orders
- Phone and email etiquette
- Intermediate Customer Service training
- Product and vendor training
- Managing multiple projects seminar
- Introduction to Data Network
Back to top