Lead QoS Engineer
Lead QoS Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We’re not a phone company; we’re a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
We’re looking for experienced Voice/Video quality Engineer who can thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, technology-driven environment. You will troubleshooting and optimizing RingCentral cloud service infrastructure for Voice and Video services.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, resolve complex cloud SaaS Quality issues related to VoIP, Video and FoIP telephony platforms and applications in a fast moving agile environment
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for identifying and fixing voice quality issues.
- Participate with Engineering teams on design and architecture of next-generation voice/video services optimizing quality
- Debug Voice quality trends and issue using big data dashboards and other diagnostic tools
- Interface with customers facing service quality issues and resolve them quickly
- Work with security and monitoring product vendors and service providers to evaluate offerings, including product evaluations, proof of concepts, and pilot installations
- BS in Computer science or equivalent with 3-5 years relevant experience
- Strong scripting/programming background is a plus
Skills and Experience:
- Deep understanding of VoIP/Video over IP technology
- Protocols – SIP, RTP, RTCP, SRTP
- Codecs – G.711, G.722, OPUS
- Deep understanding of the OSI layer and how network conditions affect voice quality
- Understanding of IP QoS protocols, MPLS
- Good knowledge of VoIP quality measurement models - E–model, PESQM, POLQA
- Good understanding of Key voice quality metrics(Packet loss, Delay, Jitter)
- Familiarity with various test tools to test media and voice, video quality
- Flare for debugging difficult Voice quality issues in the field
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Data-driven decision maker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.
Back to top