Competitive Intelligence Associate Director/Senior Manager
RingCentral is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Director/Senior Manager who will be responsible for technical research and guidance relating to communications and contact center market.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and expertise in Unified Communications and related technologies in the form of competitive research, analysis and insight with the goal of uncovering and articulating RingCentral’s competitive advantage. This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with RingCentral leadership, product management, engineering, and sales.
- As the subject matter expert on competition, you must be able to conduct deep competitive research and defensible analysis/proof points and positioning of RingCentral versus competitors’ product strategy.
- Competitive analysis must be accurate, timely, factual, unbiased and contextual, resulting in value adding insight for sales
- Lead competitive product functionality deep dive sessions across RingCentral’s offerings with RingCentral’s product management, sales, partners and potentially prospects looking for feature guidance.
- Develop, present and maintain regular sales trainings for global and regional sales organizations
- Provide input to product management and engineering teams to ensure RingCentral remains differentiated and ahead of the competition.
- Work with Sales enablement team to develop and deliver compelling competitive training and demo sessions in the form of sales tools
- Communicate and evangelize RingCentral’s technical advantages over competing solutions in live training events, external speaking opportunities, analyst briefings, ongoing deals and other channels
- Attend and report on relevant content or announcements from industry events
- Infrequent travel required
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5-8+ years of experience in product management, technical competitive intelligence, or sales engineering/consulting (or other technical) roles
- Deep insight into real-world customer issues, either through previous experience implementing or project managing real-world customer Business Applications (from either the vendor or customer side), as an industry analyst, or by presenting solutions at customer briefings, a strong plus.
- Proven ability to work with Sales, Product Management/Marketing, and present to Executives. Ability to provide market level or strategic level analysis for senior executives.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects/deliverables to successful completion (i.e., in a quality and timely manner) is a key requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent writing and analysis skills. Strong verbal communication.
- Strong Understanding of the Market Technology, Telco or any Industries related.
- Must be willing to work on Graveyard shift
Now, a little more about us...
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of cloud business communications solutions. Easier to manage and more flexible than on-premise communications systems, RingCentral’s cloud solution meets the needs of modern distributed and mobile workforces, while eliminating the expense of on-premise hardware and software. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California.
Back to top