UX / Mobile App Designer
The Ideal Candidate will be someone who:
- Possesses insane attention to detail, and is constantly honing their craft.
- Can build on the work of the existing product team, and bring new ideas to the table.
- Can churn out hundreds of pixel-perfect graphics with ease for web, mobile/desktop apps, and print.
- Moves from sketchpad to Photoshop/Sketch/Illustrator with ease.
- Stays the course after handing off designs to make sure they look as good in the hands of users as did in Sketch/Photoshop.
- Creates page-turning documentation so developers are armed to implement correctly.
- Revels in building style-guides, asset libraries, and templates for reusable, systematic design.
- Thrives in a fast-moving dynamic environment, and hates nothing more than sitting idle.
- Take assignments and briefs from leadership and management, and translate them into production level features, on boarding flows, setup flows and other UX related processes.
- Develop wireframes for related features and user flows
- Develop prototypes for related features and users
- Can work closely with UI designers, and perform well as a UI designer when support is needed.
- Work closely with marketing and copywriters to deliver crystal clear direction to users within a given feature, user flow, or on boarding scenario.
- Take on user experience research, and survey users to create optimal UX.
- Create, and own wiki pages, explaining in perfect detail how the UX should be built to mobile app developers.
- Drive features, and other mobile UX forward during the development process, answering any questions developers have along the way.
- Support the QA team to make sure features were implemented as intended, confirming UX/UI and copywriting are accurate.
- 4+ years of experience and proven track record
- Strong sketching skills
- Information design skills
- BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience
- Expert in Sketch
- Expert in zeplin.io
- Expert in prototyping tools (Invision, framer, Principal, etc)
- Icon design
- Knowledge of front end markup: HTML/CSS/JQuery
- Experience working on apps that interface with hardware
- Familiarity with app design patterns (iOS, Android, Mac Desktop, Windows 10)
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Familiarity with JIRA - managing a ticket queue is required.
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Eugene and the Software Engineering Team create scalable software systems that are equipped to effectively handle millions of doorbell rings and motion alerts every day.
Back to top