Technical Content Manager / Writer
Benefits Offered Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
Ring is looking for a Technical Content Product Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You to work in a fast-pace, challenging, rapidly scaling technical environment with real opportunity for professional growth. You must be a driver and seek to have autonomy, visibility, ownership and flexibility.
- Write/edit/update all customer-facing and internal technical support documentation, FAQs, help articles and training guides.
- Reduce complex troubleshooting steps and processes into digestible easy-to-follow steps for customers of in all demographics in multiple channels, including print, online and in-app documentation.
- Serve as primary technical liaison between Engineering, Product Development, UI/UX, Customer Support and Marketing teams for current and future product functionality and features from a customer perspective.
- Streamline and track communications within organization: Updates, Releases, Trends, New Features, Known Issues, General Product Usage.
- Provide daily/weekly updates to Technical Customer Support team in other geographic locations.
- Create concise messaging for internal agents that bridges the technical and marketing aspect of the product.
- Proactively improve public-facing support materials and process for implementation.
- Involved in all stages of the support content creation process from investigation of future product concepts and digestion of technical engineering documentation to writing, revision, and peer review.
- Responsible for direct implementation and quality assurance of final public article product.
- Utilize communication skills to effectively give instructions to team members and to guide content creation.
- Communicate directly with product managers and engineers to break down new product concepts and help create technical content development plans.
- Strategizing creative ways to lead customers to support materials at the time they are needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to learn new systems, software, and methods of content implementation quickly!
- Knowledge Base/User Help Systems
- Technical Writing and Communication
- User Documentation (guides, tips, FAQs, online help and video)
- Mobile / Web Help
- Application Testing for help and Documentation
- Product/Functional specifications, release notes, documentation
- Analytics tools such as Mixpanel, GA
- Social media support
- NPS survey
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro (HomeKit-enabled), Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
August focuses on employee needs and Ring’s overall success. He also works closely with communities and customers to ensure their home security needs are met.
Back to top