This position is responsible for the Company’s global tax planning and compliance functions, reporting to the Corporate Controller. The successful candidate will work with business leaders across the Company, help coordinate the efforts of external auditors and other service providers, and engage with other tax professionals as needed in carrying out his or her responsibilities. This position requires excellent organization skills and attention to detail. Most importantly, this position requires a strategic thinker with keen business instincts that can understand and apply tax concepts to Ring’s business.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Build the necessary tax accounting, planning, compliance, and policy functions covering federal, state and local, and international taxes.
• Ensure proper and timely completion of federal, international (ex: VAT & Moss) state income tax returns, and sales/use tax including all related analysis and support.
• Assessing and implementing sales and use tax collection, exemption, and reporting requirements and processes.
• Developing strategy for and ensuring international tax compliance as part of Ring’s global expansion.
• Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
• Evaluating, implementing and overseeing transfer pricing arrangements.
• Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
• Assess and implement appropriate internal controls related to tax accounting processes and procedures.
• Departmental liaison with IT and product development staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. Masters of Accounting or MBA, concentration in Tax, preferred.
• At least ten years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
• CPA preferred.
• Experience with ERP systems.
• Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks efficiently, timely and accurately.
• Independent and able to manage work proactively with limited day-to-day guidance.
• Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment.
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
August focuses on employee needs and Ring’s overall success. He also works closely with communities and customers to ensure their home security needs are met.
Back to top