Sr. Software Engineer - Video Encoding
Ring is looking for a dedicated and talented Video Software Engineer to help us continue to build revolutionary products in the home security and monitoring space.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and improve media streaming and processing systems at massive scales.
- Analyze large datasets to obtain insights and target performance and efficiency enhancements.
- Interface with APIs, databases, and other cloud-based and remote systems, as well as firmware systems.
- Interact with QA, customer service, executive, and other engineering teams to monitor issues and drive development of streaming features.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience developing with C/C++ in Linux environments
- Expert and working knowledge of multimedia concepts such as framerate, sampling frequency, bitrate, and compression quality
- Expert and working knowledge of common encoding formats and containers, such as H264, MP4, MP2-TS, and AAC
- Hands-on 5+ years of experience in session and transmission schemes such as SIP, RTSP, RTP, RTCP, MPEG-DASH, and HLS
- Experience detecting and compensating for network effects such as delay, interference, or loss
- Experience with multimedia command-line tools and libraries such as FFmpeg
- Experience utilizing cloud services, and basic cloud concepts such as scaling and distribution
- Standard team collaboration concepts such as source control, bug tracking, ticketing, and code reviews.
- Ruby, Python, Lua, Go, or other scripting language.
Nice to have:
- MS in Computer Science
- Have worked on real-time streaming technologies at scale
ONLY APPLY IF YOU CURRENTLY LIVE IN LOS ANGELES OR ARE RELOCATING HERE ALREADY
Back to top