Sr. Firmware Engineer
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain software on both existing and next-generation Ring products.
- Collaborate with Ring hardware, software, and UI/UX teams to deliver products with the best overall customer experience possible.
- Interface directly with hardware / software vendors and contract manufacturers for system integration.
- Assist in custom PCB bring-up and low-level board testing / debugging.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++.
- 5+ years of experience with embedded systems development.
- 1-2 years of experience with embedded Linux development.
Nice to have
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Experience with ARM Cortex family of microprocessors.
- Experience with low-power microprocessors.
- Experience with TCP/IP, 802.11, or Bluetooth communication protocols.
- Experience with real-time audio/video streaming or compression.
- Experience with low-level debugging tools (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG debuggers).
- Experience with high-level real-time system design concepts, such as state machines and multi-threaded processing.
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Eugene and the Software Engineering Team create scalable software systems that are equipped to effectively handle millions of doorbell rings and motion alerts every day.
Back to top