Ring is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing team.
• Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
• Compile account information and prepare monthly journal entries to record assets, liability and revenue, including fixed assets, deferred rent, prepaids, commissions, royalties, revenue allowances, accruals, etc.
• Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations
• Establish formal GL closing and other accounting process procedures
• Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
• Research important accounting issues and suggest the best practices and applications in accordance with accounting standards
• Assist accounting manager and controller with any adhoc research, clean-up, reporting projects
• Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
Cost Accounting Responsibilities
• Reconcile and analyze company's global inventory balances, including work-in-progress (WIP), finished goods and consigned inventories
• Prepare and maintain monthly inventory roll-forwards and reserves
• Analyze and explain monthly gross margin variances, purchase price variances (PPV) and invoice price variances (IPV)
• Reconcile inventory sub-ledger
• Assist with quarterly physical inventory counts
• Maintain correspondence with various warehouses and production teams and establish proper inventory procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• B.S. Degree in Accounting
• 5 – 7 years of experience as a G/L accountant in the manufacturing environment.
• 5 – 7 years of cost accounting experience is extremely helpful.
• Dedicated and resourceful
• Able to work independently
• Advanced in MS-Excel (v-lookup, pivot table, sumif, sort, filter, etc.)
• Experience with systems implementation is a plus
Back to top