- Feature Qualification:
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional groups and qualify Ring products with manual and automation testing. Contribute to timely releases of high quality home security / automation products. Qualify features from end to end perspective in conjunction with devices, services and systems.
- Product Test plans and Test Reports:
- Create & maintain Product acceptance test plans, test reports and proactively present latest quality status reports and risk mitigation plans with stake holders. Monitor quality of components and services to enable continuous delivery / releases to target environments.
- Product Release Testing:
- Define and conduct qualification procedures to facilitate continuous delivery of core components, services and system across environments (Dev, QA, Staging, Production). Prepare and maintain release notes and train field support teams and partner teams with new features of incremental releases.
- Industry Standard Compliance Testing:
- Support in preparing products to comply to market driven industry standards (UL, CP-O1, Alexa, iOS, Android, customer specific) and regulatory standards (FCC, PTCRB, CTIA) comprising of product performance, security and reliability
- Cross-domain Interoperability Testing:
- Test device interactions and product usability in cross-domain variance – mobile devices, operating systems, browser versions, and device ecosystems
Preferred Technical Skills
- Understand hardware / software interactions in client server model
- Understand home security and home automation products
- iOS, Android, web applications testing
- Restful API testing - RestAssured, Postman jetpack
- Application Automation Testing – Appium, Selenium, Geb, Spock, Cucumber
- Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, TestRail
- Device integrations corresponding to Z-wave, Zigbee, Lutron, Alexa, Homekit protocols
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
August focuses on employee needs and Ring’s overall success. He also works closely with communities and customers to ensure their home security needs are met.
Back to top