Benefits Offered Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
This patent agent will help drive the growth of Ring’s patent portfolio and support the Chief Patent Counsel in a variety of patent-related tasks.
- Prepare drafts of patent applications (software & hardware)
- Work with engineers to identify patentable inventions
- Conduct patentability searches
- Analyze Office actions from the USPTO and foreign patent offices and prepare responses
- Assist the Chief Patent Counsel in post-grant proceedings at the USPTO (inter partes review, ex parte reexamination)
- Assist the Chief Patent Counsel in patent litigation matters
- Provide substantive and organizational IP support
- BA/BS in an engineering discipline (electrical preferred, will also consider computer science and mechanical)
- USPTO registration
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a patent agent in a law firm or corporation (in-house)
- Proficiency with USPTO systems (PAIR, PatFT, EFS Web)
- Understanding of U.S. and foreign patent laws
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro (HomeKit-enabled), Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
August focuses on employee needs and Ring’s overall success. He also works closely with communities and customers to ensure their home security needs are met.
Back to top