Lead Firmware Engineer
Benefits Offered Vision, Medical, Dental, 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
Ring (www.ring.com) is looking for a talented, high-energy, dedicated Lead Firmware Engineer to help design and build revolutionary products in the home security and monitoring space.
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain software on both existing and next-generation Ring products.
- Collaborate with Ring hardware, software, and UI/UX teams to deliver products with the best overall customer experience possible.
- Interface directly with hardware / software vendors and contract manufacturers for system integration.
- Assist in custom PCB bring-up and low-level board testing / debugging.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++.
- 5+ years of experience with embedded systems development.
- 1-2 years of experience with embedded Linux development.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Experience with ARM Cortex family of microprocessors.
- Experience with low-power microprocessors.
- Experience with TCP/IP, 802.11, or Bluetooth communication protocols.
- Experience with real-time audio/video streaming or compression.
- Experience with low-level debugging tools (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG debuggers).
- Experience with high-level real-time system design concepts, such as state machines and multi-threaded processing.
Ring’s mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro (HomeKit-enabled), Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
August focuses on employee needs and Ring’s overall success. He also works closely with communities and customers to ensure their home security needs are met.
Back to top