Lead Embedded Engineer
- Work with the other embedded engineers and hardware designers to develop embedded C code for end devices.
- Write firmware for IoT based devices to connect via a variety of standard and proprietary protocols.
- Test embedded hardware and embedded code as well as perform test driven development where applicable.
- Maintain or enhance current embedded code.
- Incorporate builds into continuous integration where applicable.
- Some travel may be required.
- Offer occasional assistance to Technical Support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of embedded code experience, with emphasis on C
- Embedded RTOS
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experienced in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded hardware
- Experience with communication protocols (I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-485 etc.)
- Experienced in reading schematics and component data sheets
- Experience using Git
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Nice to Have
- Experience in Intel 8051 (Keil Compiler)
- ARM Cortex - M
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Eugene and the Software Engineering Team create scalable software systems that are equipped to effectively handle millions of doorbell rings and motion alerts every day.
Back to top