The Jr. Content Editor will work on an exciting new opportunity within Ring to curate, edit, and manage interesting and useful pieces of content for our Ring Neighbors. This position is best suited for a candidate with experience and passion for content marketing and editorial writing. In addition to a solid grasp of the English language, the candidate should demonstrate a strong knowledge of digital & new media. Having a knack for storytelling and a strong nose for engaging content are core skills that are essential to the success of this role. In addition to technical skills, the Jr. Content Editor must have great time management skills, the ability to work independently, and a strong work ethic. The primary focus of the job is curating and writing simple, short news pieces, stories and articles. Portfolio samples and a written test are required for consideration. This person will report directly to our Sr. Content Manager, and work with our Content Strategy team.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have 1-2 years of experience with content curation
- Have integrity and a high degree of personal responsibility
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
- Are eager and able to learn new things and stay on top of current digital media trends
- Are able to function in a fast moving environment
- Are comfortable multi-tasking on a variety of projects
- Are self-starters and detail-oriented
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have a sense of humor
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro (HomeKit-enabled), Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com
. With Ring, you're always home.