Firmware Test Engineer
- Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale data systems and services on AWS and cloud platforms
- Effectively collaborate with developers to qualify Ring products. Contribute to timely releases of high quality home security / automation products
- Work with developers to test completion of stories.
- Qualify our Linux file system around security, completion of initialization and deployment
- Qualify our embedded development of IOT security sensors, i.e. Keypad, Door/Window, and Motion sensors.
- Write test cases that allows repeatable test flows to verify changes easily
- Create quality test plans and monitor quality of components and services to enable continuous delivery / releases to target environments.
- Be an integral member of cross functional sprint teams working in an Agile environment and process backlog to the specified requirements & release criteria.
- Collaborate and contribute to frontend / backend automation tasks
- Managing an environment with 100+ Linux servers (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS)
- Understand hardware / software interactions in embedded linux ARM platforms
- Understand hardware / software interactions in embedded ARM Cortex platforms
- Understand how embedded RTOS works
- Understand home security and home automation products
- Programming languages – bash, python,
- Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TestRail
- Familiarity with Device integrations corresponding to Z-wave, Zigbee, Lutron, Alexa, Homekit protocols not required but a plus
Meet Some of Ring's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Eugene and the Software Engineering Team create scalable software systems that are equipped to effectively handle millions of doorbell rings and motion alerts every day.
Back to top