Communications Manager - LATAM
Ring is looking for a Communications Manager to lead social marketing and communications for the Ring brand in Latin America, with Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Panama, and Chile as key focus areas. This position is based in Santa Monica.
While we regard community management as an essential and key function for this role, communications manager at Ring do a lot more than just publishing and replying to fans. The Communications Manager has a holistic view of the company and works closely with the Director of Communication as well as with other members of the social and marketing teams tasked with building the Ring community. The Communications Managers also functions as a social-strategists in charge of developing and executing campaigns designed to both sustain and bolster positive social engagement around the brand; at time these may be self-started campaigns, at others there are campaigns that live in PR or Marketing.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Manage the LatAm Facebook and Twitter accounts, which includes monitoring the accounts, answering questions, delegating incoming messages, and creating original content
- Develop strategies and tactics to produce brand narratives in the region
- Oversee the creation of monthly analytic reports on audience growth, best performing tactics and key conversational threads with the aim to improve strategy or engineer cultural moments
- Identify content creators and social influencers in key market and work on establishing partnerships
- Manage e-Commerce sites for relevant retailers
- Establish long standing relationships with media and press in designated countries, and land key news stories and review stories
Our Ideal Candidate Will Be
- Deeply knowledgeable about social media in Latin American markets. The manager will be tapped into emerging platforms, be privy to the local nuances, and subtleties, be aware of other successful campaigns, and will have a vision for success in a competitive yet somewhat underdeveloped social landscape.
- As a member of our lean and agile team, the successful employee will be as comfortable crafting social content as they are writing strategy and producing a major campaign for the brand.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in project management.
- Fluent in Spanish (verbal and written).
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- An adult. Every tweet is an official statement from the brand. Our winning candidate will have a deep understanding of the business context and will make intelligent decisions that benefit the long term value of the brand. The candidate will also represent the social team in regional markets and to other departments, working closely with Ring Marketing, PR, Product, Customer Service, and QA groups. The manager will exhibit quick thinking, work hard, and fast.
Ring is a venture-backed company that has brought the world the first battery operated wifi security and monitoring device, the Ring Video Doorbell (TM).
Ring is a passionate team with an unending desire to build great products that can change the world for the better. We are unlike most companies in Santa Monica in that we are both a hardware and a software company which means everyone is exposed to some of the coolest tech you've ever seen. Ring has already been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Wired Magazine and was selected by TIME Magazine as one of the Top 10 Gadgets of 2014.
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, we offer extremely competitive benefits and are the only company that can offer you a Ring Video Doorbell for your front door!
Back to top