A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for performing s cientific research in the investigation and analysis of problems relating to the design, material processes and operations; assist in the design and development of prototypes, test procedures, and equipment. This position will assist with the development of designs for a secondary element, a minor functional system or component parts of a structure or device.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Interpret 3D solid models and 2D production drawings.
- Verify laboratory equipment is current with respect to calibration.
- Assist Design Engineering with designing components of a major functional system.
- Set up products for test and perform all necessary steps to conduct prescribed and specialized tests.
- Fabricate prototype parts/assemblies to validate engineering changes.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and recommend corrective/improvement changes to Design Engineering.
- Accurately acquire, interpret, process, and format test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Document and communicate test results and conclusions drawn and make design recommendations for changes to current products to Design Engineering.
- Develop specialized tests and written procedures to evaluate development and reliability specifications. Utilize LabVIEW or similar programming software to automate tests.
- Lead and coordinate test plan activities (agency, reliability, etc. established by Design Engineering) with lab personnel and coordinate equipment resources with lab management.
WHAT YOU NEED
- BS degree in a scientific or technical discipline with 0 - 2 years experience or two-year degree from college or technical school in HVAC or related technical field with a minimum 4 years experience as an Engineering Technician II or Model Maker.
- Knowledge in gas combustion principles
- Demonstrated ability or formal training in LabVIEW or similar programming software for test automation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software (Microsoft Excel and Word) - will be tested
HOW TO STAND OUT
- BS degree in a scientific or technical discipline (ME, EE)
- Experience in working with governing certification agencies
- Accreditation for ANSI and/or UL gas related certification and demonstrated ability to complete certification submittal packages
RHEEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Hari K.Senior Product Engineer
Hari and his team design Rheem’s state-of-the-art residential and commercial furnace systems so that clients can enjoy heat without safety hazards.
Back to top