Technical Support Specialist
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
Technical Services Analyst provides advanced support for desktop/laptop computers and peripherals, which includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware, software, and equipment while ensuring optimal performance. Troubleshoot reported problems in a timely and accurate manner and provide end user assistance when required.
This position will serve our Eemax Division, located in Waterbury, CT.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, assist the end user with issues.
- Install, configure and set up new computer hardware including printers.
- Install, configure, and upgrade software.
- Provide support of Microsoft Active Directory, Office Professional, Office 365, Exchange, Outlook, Lync/Skype and System Center.
- Configure, install, support and maintain local telephony hardware, software and peripherals.
- Setup and support enterprise standard smartphones and other cellular devices.
- Move computers and peripherals from one office location to another.
- Provide connectivity of PC hardware to the LAN (local area network).
- Troubleshoot routine software and PC hardware problems.
- Maintain familiarity with technical standards, policies, and procedures and ensure adherence.
- Work after hours as necessary to minimize business interruptions (system outages, troubleshooting, system upgrades, etc.) and provide non-business hour support (both remote and onsite).
- Travel to Rheem locations as needed.
- Serve as the primary contact between the software vendors and the user community.
- Place orders for IT supplies and maintain proper inventory levels
- Work with the vendor to ensure the cloud-based ERP system is accessed securely and advise users on the appropriate controls, disaster recovery, and maintenance.
- Work with users to understand and document ERP systems requirements, identify problems, and work with consultants to address requirements and solve issues.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4-7 years of experience as an Associate Technical Services Administrator, Help Desk Administrator or equivalent Strong customer service attitude.
- Strong PC hardware setup and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic networking knowledge - Network Interface Cards, Ethernet.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Understanding of the rationale behind the necessity to continually learn and grow and the ability to seek performance feedback and identify approaches to improve own performance and that of others.
- Knowledge of and the ability to plan, organize, monitor and control IT projects ensuring the utilization of technical resources to better achieve project objectives.
- Knowledge of and the ability to manage IT work activities, processes and progress within a system to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Certification
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top