Talent Development Specialist
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Talent Development Specialist is responsible for creating and implementing training programs, and monitors employee development, effectiveness of learning, performance, and other training related initiatives in support of company strategy and objectives.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develops, implements, and monitors on and off site training programs, to include workshops, and web base training.
- Presents information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Organizes, develops, or obtains, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Creates testing, monitors, evaluates, and records training activities and program effectiveness.
- Develops alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Assesses training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with managers, instructors or customer representatives. Plans training programs accordingly.
- Schedules classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and work schedules.
- Offers specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Administers Company training programs and Rheem.
- Ensures training meets ISO compliance.
- Prepares and implements training budget.
WHAT YOU NEED
- BS Degree in business, human resources, or related field of study, with 3 - 5 years' experience as a trainer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic proficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Strong communicative skills (interpersonal, speaking, writing & listening) with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, directors or top management
- Possess a sound understanding of adult learning principles
- Independent thought, good judgment, problem solving skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects A MUST
- No Travel Restrictions
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- American Society of Training & Development (ASTD) Certification
- Experience with Kaizen, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Phillip oversees tankless water heating products through every stage of their manufacture, managing projects from their initial conception and development through to their public release.
Back to top