Strategic Sourcing Analyst
- Oxnard, CA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will develop sourcing plans and provide support for new product introductions. The role will develop processes and initiatives for NPI and direct spending categories. Will perform due diligence and supplier research to identify capabilities, and working with business stakeholders, develop request for proposal / request for quote (RFP/RFQ) documents, perform pricing analysis, and supplier negotiations. The position will manage purchases and implementation of NPI purchased parts throughout the product launch cycle.
This position will serve our Raypak Division, located in Oxnard, CA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Spend and cost reports is something you will need to build to help us identify cost trends (i.e. consolidation of spend to one supplier, reduction of supplier spend, etc.).
Visit supplier sites as necessary or required.
- You will support the Sourcing team with system and process implementation, continuous improvement and value engineering ideas (i.e. streamlining the contracting or buying process).
- Provide analytical support for cost/benefit and value analysis assessments on new and existing products, sourcing activity and contribute to CIP.
- Assist in the data and documentation collection required to aid Strategic Sourcing activities.
- Create reports with both conceptual analysis and quantitative findings to recommend opportunities for enhanced value.
- Generate reporting on supplier performance metrics and scorecards.
- Ensure contract compliance by suppliers through the tracking of cost reduction/efficiency projects.
- Highly integrated with cross-functional teams; must be a team player with positive attitude and initiative.
Demonstrated ability to develop recommendations that translate detailed information into succinct findings and action plans which are supported by in-depth insights including longer-term implications of alternatives. Conduct complex analysis and recommend strategies or policies to drive continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
- Must have 2 - 3 years of procurement or supply chain work experience; or equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Oracle and MS Office Suite with additional proficiencies in the use of other Microsoft Office tools including Project and Visio.
- Demonstrates ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
- Self-starter with strong teamwork skills and ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders across functional areas
- Experience providing ongoing support to NPI processes and/or working on a New Product Implementation team/s
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems is required and QAD experience is preferred.
- Experience in a high volume durable goods manufacturing environment preferred.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top