- Atlanta, GA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Staff Accountant willl be responsible for various accounting areas supporting the general ledger, including performing monthly close processes, internal and external financial reporting, internal controls as well as policy development and implementation. The staff accountant will be active in driving improved processes and systems to achieve effective financial controls that support the overall business and provide a foundation for growth and continued acquisitions.
This position will serve our Financial Services Division, located in Atlanta, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Responsible for general ledger activities as assigned including, preparing daily and monthly journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, as well as researching and resolving discrepancies
- Make all entries necessary to balance intercompany transactions
- Maintain fixed asset system for accounting, processing and reporting of the assets
- Process all capitalizations, track Capex performance, and review Capital Appropriation Requests for accuracy and completeness
- Collaborate with other departments and business units to monitor assets and track projects to completion
- Proactively seek out areas of process and reporting improvement and automation
- Provide input on streamlining internal processes, enhancing coordination and developing efficiencies for owned processes
- Support year-end audits by providing reporting and required documentation
- Assist in special projects as assigned or other tasks critical to the success of the organization
WHAT YOU NEED
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software; specifically proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of the foundational elements of GAAP; specifically as related to accrual accounting and the matching principle.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Accounting experience in a multi-national mid or large cap company (Greater than $750 million in sales)
- Customer oriented mindset; ability to identify issues, implement processes, and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Detail and 'hands on' oriented
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills
- Problem solving & decision making skills
- Good planning & organizing skills
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top