Sr. Project Engineer - Split Systems
- Fort Smith, AR
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Sr. HVAC Project Engineer is responsible for product design and development activities for HVAC&R systems. As a member of the Split System engineering team the candidate will represent R&D as project lead, perform, and coordinate activities related to system design. These activities include simulation, design, prototyping, testing, and costing from concept through product launch.
This position supports our Air Division and is based out of Fort Smith, Arkansas.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Will serve as Project Manager for R&D on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Conduct detailed thermo-fluid analysis of current and new products using analytical methods and in-house design tools.
- Conduct modeling, analysis and testing of various design options in support of new technology development and new product development projects.
- Actively engage with vendors in order to successfully develop new technology, components and product through active collaboration, specification, review, testing, evaluation, and analysis.
- Lead investigations and troubleshooting product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Create reports and presentations on product and project activities periodically and as required.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Rheem's product, design, engineering, and service capabilities, as well as manufacturing and quality standards.
- Must have existing in-depth knowledge of applicable codes and standards (UL, DOE, AHRI).
- Effectively be able to mentor and lead project engineers on a regular basis.
- Develop and follow processes from design to launch in the Product Development Process, specifically for a split HVAC system.
- Supervision of Coops and Interns as needed, mentorship of Project Engineers
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 4-7 years of design, testing, and analysis of HVAC&R systems.
- Demonstrated ability in working on product development teams and frequently leading the team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in designing experiments, interpreting experimental data, conducting analysis, drawing conclusions and preparing summary reports.
- Existing knowledge of HVAC technical procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in all business related software packages (e.g. MS Office), as well as experience with specific applications and programs related to design engineering (Solidworks, Oracle based systems). Familiarity and/or experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software such as ANSYS-Fluent.
- Experience developing Bill of material for a new product design and Engineering Change notices on existing product.
- Extensive knowledge of new product and technology development processes.
- Experience working with AHRI ratings, leading multiple psychometric test cells, and evaluating AHRI test data.
- Ability to create schedules, cost analysis, and deliver as promised.
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering. Particular specialization on Thermal-Fluids and/or Energy Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience with design, testing and analysis
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top