Sr. Product Development Engineer
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
In this exciting role, the Senior Product Development Engineer will provide technical expertise and problem solving solutions to coordinate the activities involved in the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of assigned product development projects.
This position will serve Rheem's HTPG division, located in Duluth, GA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordinate with a project team to define the project objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules.
- Work closely with the project team to assure sound engineering principles and science are employed in the product design. While working within the team environment, provide technical expertise, application guidance, and problem solving solutions.
- Coordinate activities with cross functional team members from purchasing, sales, manufacturing, accounting, and test laboratory in order to insure successful completion of the project within the time, cost and budget requirements.
• Evaluate the product to determine that it meets defined customer expectations, marketing requirements, good design practices, performance requirements, cost targets, reliability targets, and manufacturability.
- Approve designs, taking into consideration such factors as availability, material, weight, reliability, scheduling and compliance with customer or contractual requirements. Make decisions on design factors affecting overall design and submit analysis of design problems.
- Contribute to product innovation and technical excellence.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project including technical development.
- From experience and technical expertise, participate in the process of solving field and production problems that require design changes, material substitutions, etc.
- Direct preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released, material lists, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data.
- Represent company to government agencies, outside vendors and other representatives as required.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Bachelor's degree in engineering
• 5-8 years of related experience in product development of HVAC&R products
• Working knowledge of UL/CSA requirements
• Experience in evaluating products for serviceability, cost and performance
• Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
• Strong intra/intercompany and external coordination skills
• Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
• Strong communication/presentation skills with experience in presenting information to management
• Strong technical knowledge of vapor compression principles
• Strong technical knowledge of heat transfer principles
• Strong reasoning and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
HOW TO STAND OUT
• BS Mechanical Engineering
• Experience in cross-functional project management education or training
• Experience in design and development of evaporators and/or condensing units for commercial refrigeration or air conditioning applications
Rheem Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem. If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at Talent Acquisition@Rheem.com .
Back to top