Sr. Manager, Marketing - Water Commercial Growth - US Metro Locations
- Oxnard, CA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Senior Manager, Marketing - Water Commercial Growth is responsible for the National planning and leadership of all marketing initiatives for the Water Businesses across tied to the Commercial Growth Strategy. This role will lead the Water Commercial Growth Marketing Initiative, including but not limited to developing local "Go to Market" planning, contractor and engineer support and programs, training, applications support, product content, and promotions, new product commercialization and launch activities. This position works with other marketing leaders, such as advertising, public relations, online marketing, creative and trade show/events in order to develop materials and execute planned marketing activities. This position is focused on expanding the market presence, sales, brand reputation and customer commitment to all of Rheem's Commercial Water products and brands (Rheem, Raypak, Eemax & IBC).This person will serve as the voice of the customer in their regional markets and will provide program and product feedback to the Commercial Water team. This role is a key brand steward for Rheem Commercial Water, responsible for maintaining the integrity of each separate brand, creating appropriate marketing and promotional plans for each. Responsible for Developing territory-specific messaging, programs and identifying customer/business needs. Coordinating marketing efforts with broader national team.
This position will serve our Commercial Water Division and can be located in any US Metro location and will lead a team of direct reports.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Represent marketing on Rheem Commercial Water product launch teams; lead the market launch planning and execution for all commercial product launches in designated regions to achieve product objectives
- Project management: ensure that all commercial marketing projects are planned according to goals and executed on-time and on-budget
- Brand stewardship: protects, implements and supports brand identities and messaging; contributes to meeting the short and long term goals of the brand strategy
- Customer segmentation: serve business unit as an expert, advising and teaching others as necessary
- Recommend, advise and develop commercial water customer communications
- Quantify effectiveness of Commercial Water business marketing plans and programs in helping to achieve financial and strategic goals.
- Establish key reporting metrics on all programs and publications and establish reports to monitor progress and results
- Serve internal and external customers with marketing programs, promotions and materials that meet their needs - sales, wholesalers, contractors, and service providers
- Benchmark and evaluate competitor programs to evaluate program gaps and address them. Benchmark best practices within industry as well across other industries to upgrade Rheem programs and publications portfolio
- Leads the annual planning and budget development for Commercial Water marketing, tracking spend-to-budget year round
- Complete and accurate understanding of technical specifications, features, benefits, advantages, and other considerations such as economic, demographic and geographic needs and differences to deliver effective territory-specific marketing
- Manages vendor relationships and contractors; evaluates annually based on established scorecard and makes changes as necessary
- Work closely with marketing leaders in order to build and execute marketing plans on time and on budget
- Maintain close relationships with division leadership, including all of the Water business units, sales and product to ensure alignment on goals and objectives
- Build relationships with key rep groups and contractors in order to stay in touch with market dynamics and customer needs
- Gather, initiate, analyze and report on industry trends that inform product development, brand positioning, messaging and various other decisions
- Develop commercial training material, including CEU classes, to meet specific needs of the targeted territory. Deploy such training and meet such goals.
- Develop product application materials for all the Rheem business units and provide support to customers.
- Assure product information is accurate and provided to on-line and customer facing tools.
- Manage lead capture and referral of leads coming from Rheem website
- Develop and administrate "Commercial Rewards Program" overarching Eemax and IBC and Raypak and Rheem business units.
- Responsible for overseeing the work of (3) direct in-house reports. Direct reports will include commercial trainer, applications engineer, & product specialist.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4-year degree in business, marketing or related field
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on marketing experience and strong marketing leadership
- Experience in the water heating, HVAC, or boiler industry preferred
- Excellent leadership skills: experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams that meet deadlines and objectives
- Evidence of organizational skills and ability to lead complex projects and processes
- Proficient in data analysis and interpretation; aptitude for drawing meaningful insights
- Deadline oriented with proven task-completion record; capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated team skills are essential in this cross-functional position
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and stress management practices
- Demonstrated aptitude for critical thinking; ability to produce creative marketing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to circumstances and situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with aptitude for communicating with various B2B end users and consumer segmentations
- Possesses a track record of excellent performance and proactivity
- Proficiency in creative thinking, writing, editing, proofreading, grammatical correctness, publishing practices, standard style rules, and expression of complex ideas in simple terms
- Proficiency with entire Microsoft Office software suite, and other commonly used marketing software programs
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Strong Collaboration skills and ability to partner across a Matrixed organization
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- MBA, Masters level degree
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top