Senior or Principal Project Engineer
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Principal Engineer is responsible for the design and development of cost effective and practical product development. Assists the Manager in providing direction to the product development team members for various engineering development activities.
Participate in establishing objectives and recommend business opportunities for the division.
- Support the departmental priorities for all engineering development projects: safety, quality, cost reduction, new product development.
- Plan short and long range product development programs to achieve or fulfill: market requirements, good manufacturing practices, product cost requirements, optimum balance of manpower, expense and desired program completion dates, and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a technical specialist for the Division in the application of product concepts, designs, principles and processes for residential air-conditioning products.
- Serve as a consultant in the process of solving field and production problems that require design changes, material substitutions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (ME, ChE, IE) or related field with Master's Degree preferred
- 7-10 years of Experience in Water Heating, Home Appliance, or HVAC product design and development engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of residential air-conditioners and heat pumps.
- Technical expertise in split air-conditioning and heat pump theory and design including computer modeling, cost optimization, performance optimization, refrigerant line sizing, safety, and reliability.
- Ability to apply broad engineering principles related to mechanical, structural, electrical and materials to the design of residential air-conditioning and heat pump products.
- Strong project management, analytical and financial skills.
- Familiar with the capabilities of typical design software utilized for CAD, FEA, CFD, etc.
- Experience with agency approval requirements and familiarity with appliance standards development.
- Ability to write effective reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top