Senior Network Engineer
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Senior Network Engineer's responsibility is to assist in the architecture, design, implementation, maintenance, and support of network, infrastructure, and network security technical solutions. The Engineer will work closely with IT Management to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. The focus of this role is on Network technologies.
Network Engineer / Network Architect Functions (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Acts as a resource to architect, design, configure, install, support, and maintain standard network systems, server hardware, software, and peripherals in both a virtual and non-virtual environment
- Install, configure and set up new network, server, and PC hardware
- A primary resource to assist in the design, configuration, installation, support, and maintenance of Network equipment and infrastructure technologies
- Install, configure, and upgrade software related to networking and infrastructure technologies
- Builds patch compliance reports and provides regular status updates to the Security team
- Responsible for the Maintenance and support of the WAN, LAN, and WiFi solutions, and Security.
- Project team member during the implementation of changes, upgrades, and new solutions
- Performs troubleshooting or assists other staff as needed on troubleshooting the technical problems associated with Servers, Hardware, Network Connectivity, and Data/Voice Latency and performance
- Assist in the monitoring and event management of Network & Infrastructure equipment, circuits, bandwidth, and other related resources
- Assists in the maintenance and support of Linux and Windows Servers and Systems
- Assists in the maintenance and support of VMWare and SAN technologies
- Handles assigned tasks related to Network equipment procurement, documentation, reporting, etc...
- Assists management in the control, establishment, and enforcement of security for network and infrastructure technology, desktops, and end-users
- Work after hours as necessary to minimize business interruptions (system outages, troubleshooting, system upgrades, etc.) and provide non-business hour support (both remote and onsite)
- Handles other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 year's experience as a Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, or other position of equal grade in an IT Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Network concepts and technologies
- 5+ years advanced knowledge with Cisco Routers and Switches
- 5+ Years working knowledge of Cisco Core Nexus Switches
- 5+ Years advanced knowledge with Cisco Firewalls, IPS, and security solutions
- 5+ Years advanced knowledge with Load Balancer Technologies (Citrix Netscaler preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Solar Winds or other tool/sets for Management and Monitoring of Network resources
- 5+ years working knowledge of basic computer cabling (parallel, serial, Ethernet, voice, etc.).
- 5+ years working knowledge of Ethernet networking (TCP/IP, DNS, switching) and a minimum of 5+ year experience with routing and internet technologies
- 5+ years working experience troubleshooting hardware and software problems with vendor support staff
- At least 5 years hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server operating systems and a minimum of 3 years working with Server 2012
- At least 7 years hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Strong user skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work after hours (system upgrades, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Ability to provide non-business hour support (remote and onsite) and a rotating "on call" schedule within the Network Group
- Ability to travel on company-related business (other Rheem locations, conferences, training, etc.) with short notice
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in related field
- VMWare ESX
- Project management training
- Unix Administration / Engineer Experience
- Expert Linux Administration / Engineer Experience
- SAN Administration (NetAPP, ExaData)
Back to top