Senior Design/Project Engineer
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Design Engineer uses engineering techniques to design, maintain, or improve new or existing products and/or components for engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- Sketches rough layouts and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Plan, coordinate, and check engineering changes prior to supervisory signature release to production.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, agency standards, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Develop agency certification submittals and coordinate available testing with internal and external laboratories.
- Develop evaluation test plans and coordinate with engineering designers and lab test engineers on test set-up, data acquisition, interpretation of data and means for achieving desired test results.
- Write detailed engineering reports with analysis and summary of findings that will be shared with other departments and archived for historical reference.
- Investigate pertinent factors such as inter-changeability, service requirements, and efficiency and agency requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in design and manufacture of products
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work with mathematic concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills (ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations)
- Experience in appliance design preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing processes engineering and engineering computer systems including Pro-Engineer solid modeling software.
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes.
- Experience in working with governing certification standards and agencies preferred.
- Occasional travel required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrix team environment.
- Knowledge of concepts, techniques and tools that promote effective analysis, such as Design of Experiments and test engineering. Ability to carry out the development of information-gathering exercises for the purpose of investigating a system or process in a manufacturing environment and determine the root cause of problems. Knowledge of, and the ability to use, tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
- Knowledge of processes, approaches, tools and techniques of product design; ability to convert customer and market requirements into product design in the manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of existing and advanced methodologies, processes, tools and techniques of product development; ability to design, build and manage the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics and ability to plan, organize, monitor, and lead projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
HOW TO STAND OUT
Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top