Senior Cost Accountant
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
In this exciting role, the Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for all activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuations. Develops costings controls and procedures while maintaining the cost accounting system and reporting.
This position will serve Rheem's HTPG division, located in Scottsboro, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform highly specialized advisory and control functions in cost accounting field. Maintain systems and procedures to insure all standard costs, to include material, labor, and overhead are accurate and minimize variances from standard.
- Ability to develop various management reports to present to plant and division management.
- Prepare and analyze all cost entries.
- Supervise, perform, value, and reconcile physical inventories for raw materials, work in process, and finished goods.
- Prepare detailed financial, cost, and accounting reports for management purposes.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and accuracy of company cost accounting system, including system generated cost accounting entries .
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting with 3 to 5 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment or 2 to 4 years public accounting experience and 1 to 3 years cost experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in another Business concentration with 5 to 7 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem identification/solving skills.
- MS Office Experience (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc...)
- Cycle counting and inventory valuation/reconciliation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Experience with Oracle EBS (Cost Management, Inventory, MSCA, EAM, etc...)
- Experience in standard cost for high volume-manufacturing and custom configured products.
- Database experience. Activity Based Costing experience.
- CPA or CMA Certification
- Involvement in an ERP system implementation.
Rheem Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem. If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at Talent Acquisition@Rheem.com .
Back to top