Sales Manager, Water Commercial Growth - Southern California
- Oxnard, CA
Responsible for the planning, implementation and execution of activities associated with and in support of the growth of commercial water heating product sales within an assigned geographic region. The primary function is to promote and generate sales of commercial water heaters by representing Rheem's business to distributors, contractors, specifying engineers, commercial national accounts and all those who specify or use commercial water heaters.
Responsible for identifying customer/New Build/Replacement opportunities. Interface with Mfg. Reps/Distributors/Specifying Engineers/Contractors. Driving Commercial Sales Growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, manage and execute Commercial Business Plan for assigned sales territory. This includes defining specific sales goals (market share, shipments) and prioritizing and converting key customers (contractors/specifying engineers/commercial national accounts). Business plans should be aligned with Rheem objectives, and should include input from commercial sales representatives.
- Clearly define and prioritize customer conversion targets, including contractors, commercial national accounts and specifiers and the level of investment required to build and maintain a long-term customer relationship, including training, programming, and Product requirements and marketing support.
- Formally report progress against business plans on a regular basis. Provide information as necessary to support quarterly reviews for the commercial business team
Directly responsible for planning, implementation, and execution of all commercial activities at assigned distribution and sales representatives.
Sufficient technical background and capability with Rheem Water commercial products, including boilers, heaters, tank-type and tankless water heating systems.
Develop and present commercial product and marketing training to sales agencies, distributors, contractors, and specifiers.
- Support the Commercial team in acquiring product, product support materials and programming policies from the industry as required.
- Communicate commercial water heating related policies, strategies, and objectives as required to customers and channel partners.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
REQUIRED EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum of 5 years' experience in customer call/direct sales (preferably in plumbing related field)
Experience with and knowledge of commercial water heater markets/distribution channels
Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial water heating product lines
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in an independent manner
Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Ability to develop customer and area specific commercial water heating marketing growth plans
Strong presentation skills (Ability to effectively develop and present to management professionals)
Demonstrate the ability to work well with others in a team environment
History of regular and consistent attendance at work
Must be willing to relocate
Must be capable of traveling extensively - 75% of the time
Demonstrated skills in business planning and customer analysis
Prefer experience in plumbing related field
Technical skills related to commercial water heating
Back to top