Research Engineer, Simulation
- Montgomery, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Research Engineer, Simulation role entails the conceptualization, system modelling, and qualification of new technologies related to water heating, heating boilers, and commercial refrigeration products. The position serves as a shared technology resource among Rheem's Water Heating Divisions (WHD). As a shared role, this research position supports technology advancement initiatives, product development and cost reduction activities across the company.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Create computer based simulations in the prediction of fluid flow, heat transfer, fluid-structural interactions, and structural systems for the advancement and analysis of heating and cooling products
- Construct development paths and evaluate technical solutions to new concepts including alternatives of cost, timing, and risks
- Devise methods of test, coordinate implementation of experiments, evaluate test results in comparisons to predicted outcomes, and prepare research summaries contextually relevant to the business
- Investigate applicability of new technologies for product valuation benefits to the company and/or customer
- Collaborate with development groups in translating new concepts to project initiatives
- Engage with the Water Engineering teams in the application of new analysis tools and prediction methods
- Serve as a project engineer on select objectives as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Applied Physics, or Applied Mathematics
- 5-8+ years of related experience in the analysis, modeling, validation and practical application of computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis tools
- Proven experience in the evaluation, analysis, optimization, qualification, and implementation of heat transfer, fluid flow, and fluid-structural interaction solutions in consumer or industrial products
- Advanced level knowledge in the science of heat transfer, fluid flow, fluid-structural interactions and structural systems characterization
- Advanced level experience in the development, implementation, and validation of models involving computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis
- Working knowledge of analysis & system development tools (e.g. ANSYS/Fluent, ANSYS/Mechanical, MATLAB, LabView, Pro/e, EnergyPlus, and the like)
- Demonstrated ability to self-determine, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Proven professional mentoring and communications skills
- Ability to compose professional business correspondence for internal and external dissemination
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with all levels of internal management, staff members, external suppliers, and customers
HOW TO STAND OUT
Master's or PhD degree in Engineering, Applied Physics, or Applied Mathematics
- Heat pump design and heat exchanger optimization experience
- 1-3+ years of related experience in the analysis, modeling, validation and practical application of computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis tools
- Proven experience in the evaluation, analysis, optimization, qualification, and implementation of heat transfer, fluid flow, and fluid-structural interaction solutions in consumer or industrial products.
- Professional Engineering License preferred
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top