A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Research Engineer is r esponsible for technology and new product design and development activities for HVAC&R systems with a focus on product innovation. This role will have to perform, lead and coordinate activities related to system and component modeling, simulation, design, prototyping, testing and analysis from concept through various stages of technology readiness levels.
This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division (ACD), located in Fort Smith, AR
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct detailed thermo-fluid analysis of current and new products using analytical methods, in-house design tools/software and other commercial software.
- Conduct necessary background research, modeling, analysis and testing of various design options in support of new technology development and new product development projects.
- Actively engage with vendors of various components and sub-systems in order to successfully develop new technology, components and product through active collaboration, specification, review, testing, evaluation, and analysis.
- Create reports and presentations on technology, product and project activities periodically and as required.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements and exploits these through design modifications.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Rheem's product, design, engineering, and service capabilities, as well as manufacturing and quality standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Rheem's and competitive products, and keep abreast of industry activities and product and technology trends.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Masters' degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering with specialization on Thermal-Fluids and/or Energy Engineering with at least five (5) years of experience or a Ph.D. in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering with specialization on Thermal-Fluids and/or Energy Engineering with at least two (2) years of experience.
- Proven experience specific to application of thermodynamics, fluid flow and heat and mass transfer analysis to highly engineered products
- Must be hands on and have experience in working in a lab preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in designing experiments, interpreting experimental data, conducting analysis, drawing conclusions and preparing summary reports.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in all business related software packages (e.g. MS Office), as well as experience with specific applications and programs related to design engineering (i.e., AutoCAD, Pro/E, etc). Familiarity and/or experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software such as ANSYS-Fluent.
- Working knowledge of project management, materials, manufacturing processes and business processes.
- Working knowledge of new product and technology development processes.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Ph.D. in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering. Particular specialization on Thermal-Fluids and/or Energy Engineering.
- Experience with design, testing and analysis of HVAC&R systems.
- Experience with design, testing and analysis of gas fired appliances.
- Experience in application of commercial and in-house thermal-fluids systems modeling and analysis tools.
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling tools such as ANSYS-Fluent.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Back to top