Research Engineer – Control Systems
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
This exciting role as a Research Engineer - Control Systems will be r esponsible for development of electro-mechanical systems and/or enhanced operational capabilities in HVAC, water heating, heating boilers, and commercial refrigeration product designs. Working in collaboration, this position conducts technology advancement initiatives with a focus on creating cost-effective control strategies, sensing solutions, adaptive algorithms, and product features with the goal of improving functionality of systems. The position also serves as a shared technology resource among Rheem's A/C Division (ACD), Water Heating Division (WHD), Raypak Division, Heat Transfer Products Group (HTPG) and other Rheem enterprise design groups.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research mechanical and electrical design elements for enhanced product functional capabilities of performance management, health monitoring, smart sensing/perception functions, ease-of-use, and other like features
- Develop electro-mechanical concepts for enhanced functionalities, design integration plans, assessment of technical feasibility, application of constraints in selection and assessment of cost effectiveness
- Direct proof-of-concept testing and demonstration of technical feasibility aspects such as stability, safety functions, reliability, resilience, survivability, increased performance, and the like
- Participate in all stages of product design, development and documentation (concept through manufacturing) for new and current mechatronic related project assignments.
- Investigate applicability of new technologies for product valuation benefits to the company and/or customer
- Work with suppliers to specify new sensing technologies and/or components that may also entail custom developments. Remain abreast of emerging technologies and competing alternatives
- Serve as a project engineer on select objectives as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Controls Engineering or related engineering field
- 5-8+ years of progressive experience in analysis, modeling, and design of systems
- Educational background in mechanical topics of fluids and thermal sciences, electrical circuit design and analysis, and manufacturing engineering processes
- Working knowledge of actuators, sensors, intelligent control principles, micro devices, opto-electronic systems, and systems integration
- Translating functional objectives to design; determination of sensed and manipulated variables; selection of and interface requirements for sensors, actuators, analog/digital electronics, microcontroller and the like
- Prototype development, optimization, signal processing, decision and control, fault diagnostic, etc
- Product development process experience in design, modelling, simulation, analysis, refinement, and validation cycle
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master's or PhD degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Controls Engineering or related engineering field
- 1-3+ years of experience in translating functional objectives to design; determination of sensed and manipulated variables; selection of and interface requirements for sensors, actuators, analog/digital electronics, microcontroller and the like
- Working knowledge of actuators, sensors, intelligent control principles, micro devices, opto-electronic systems, and systems integration in the development of smart systems
- Professional Engineering License preferred
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com
Back to top