Regional Sales Manager, West
- Los Angeles, CA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM), West is responsible for developing, establishing and implementing market and distributor strategies across all assigned brands. Develops sales and expense budgets, organizational objectives, personnel development and distributor/market objectives in line with the overall goals and objectives of senior management.
This position will serve Air Conditioning Division customers in the Western Region of the U.S., from a home-based office located in the region.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Achieves regional strategic growth objectives including revenue, margin, expense management, new market development and other objectives as assigned by the Senior Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Establishes and Manages assigned District Sales Managers strategic and tactical goals including sales, margin, expenses, new market development and other objectives as assigned by the Senior Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Grow profitable sales through existing and new accounts.
- Works with District Sales Managers (DSMs) to develop annual business plans for individual distributors and new/existing markets. Assist DSMs in the execution of these plans, continuously monitor and evaluate DSM plan results to direct action plans to achieve goals when necessary.
- Reviews and approves budgets/goals of all assigned DSM's. Review/Approve certain Co-op and market development expenditures as indicated by the Division's policy.
- Identifies under-performing markets and distributors and develop appropriate business strategies to mitigate poor performance.
- Monitor and report on local market pricing conditions. Work closely with the internal resources to maintain a competitive position and maximize Division earnings.
- Recruits and develops division field sales personnel to build a high performance organization. Perform annual performance reviews and set goals of the assigned DSM' and staff. Lead the Region Sales Team: coach, motivate, direct, hold accountable, and discipline as necessary.
- Develops, implements and manages an effective regional sales and marketing plan to meet the overall goals of the region and division.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's degree in business related field or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6+ years Field sales, Business Development or related.
- 2+ years managing the activities of a field sales force or agent.
- Experience with and knowledge of assigned product line markets and distribution channels.
- Ability to create and execute strategic plans.
- Ability to build consensus on key division strategies and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in an independent manner.
- Must be capable of analyzing and interpreting industry related regulations/journals.
- Experience managing and administering a budget.
- Ability to develop customer and area specific marketing/sales growth plans.
- Demonstrated skills in business planning and customer analysis required.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, problem solving, resources management and time management skills.
- Strong communicative skills (e.g., business correspondence and professional customer correspondence).
- Experience in conducting business/affairs at the executive level.
- Strong presentation skills (Ability to effectively develop & present information to top management, and public groups.)
- Ability to work independently and make informed defendable decisions as they relate to customer, pricing and strategies.
- Must be capable of traveling extensively, including driving or flying at least 2-3 days a week, around 60% of the time.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top