Regional Sales Manager (Great Lakes Region - MI, OH, KY, WV, IN)
- Delaware, OH
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
In this exciting role as Regional Sales Manager (RSM) - Great Lakes you will lead and direct a sales team and agency partners to achieve regional growth objectives. We are looking for someone to develop, implement and execute distributor and marketing strategies for all assigned brands through sales KPIs, organizational objectives, and distributor/market objectives that are aligned with senior management. This position provides high level exposure to leading distributors in the wholesale plumbing segment.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the following functions:
- Achieves regional strategic growth objectives including revenue, margin, expense management, and other objectives as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Establishes and manages assigned District Sales Managers (DSM) strategic and tactical goals including sales, margin, expenses, new market development and other objectives as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Grow profitable sales through existing and new accounts.
- Leads, directs and manages agency partnerships and sales efforts within the region.
- Directs and oversees regional sales staff (district, tankless, and territory sales mangers) to develop annual business plans for individual distributors and new/existing markets. Assists regional sales team in the execution of these plans and will continuously monitor and evaluate plan results.
- Influences and manages supporting groups - plumber support, commercial sales, residential new construction, and utility sales team to increase revenue and support sales strategy.
- Reviews and approves budgets/goals of all assigned DSM's. Review/approve certain co-op and market development expenditures as indicated by the Division's policy.
- Identifies under-performing markets and distributors and develop appropriate business strategies to mitigate poor performance.
- Monitors and reports local market pricing conditions. Works closely with the internal resources to maintain a competitive position and maximize Division earnings.
- Recruits and develops division field sales personnel to build a high performance organization. Performs annual performance reviews and set goals of the assigned regional sales staff. Coaches, motivates, inspires Regional Sales Team. Drives accountability and discipline as necessary.
- Provides input and feedback on products, programs, and overall customer service to Sales and Marketing leaders and other appropriate senior members of division management on a regular basis.
- Implements training programs and sales strategy for assigned sales staff to increase selling skills and results.
- Analytical thinker, detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, planning and organization skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Field sales, Business Development or related.
- 2+ years managing the activities of a field sales force or agent.
- Experience with and knowledge of assigned product line markets and distribution channels.
- Ability to create and execute strategic plans.
- Ability to build consensus on key division strategies and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in an independent manner.
- Must be capable of analyzing and interpreting industry related regulations/journals.
- Experience managing and administering a budget.
- Ability to develop customer and area specific marketing/sales growth plans.
- Demonstrated skills in business planning and customer analysis required.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, problem solving, resources management and time management skills.
- Strong communicative skills (e.g., business correspondence and professional customer correspondence).
- Experience in conducting business/affairs at the executive level.
- Strong presentation skills (Ability to effectively develop & present information to top management, and public groups.)
- Ability to work independently and make informed defendable decisions as they relate to customer, pricing and strategies.
- Must be capable of traveling extensively, including driving or flying at least 2-3 days a week, around 60% of the time.
How to Stand Out:
- Experience with B2B in two step distribution channels.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note: Rheem is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Rheem or its subsidiaries via email, Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Rheem. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Rheem as a result of the referral or through other means
Back to top