- Montgomery, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction through product quality improvement, process control and waste reduction projects.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, Located in Montgomery, AL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Personnel Safety is the primary goal, all quality and process improvements initiatives shall be evaluated before implementation to avoid safety risks to employees.
- If any safety risk is identified in the process assigned, engineer shall put as priority over any other project or activity the safety condition solution.
- Engineer is accountable for making sure that any new product or process introduction is meeting specifications and requirements, also is responsible for revising and updating any quality management system documentation as procedures, work instructions, control plans, visual aids or forms as be required.
- Directs or participates in chronic problem solving projects: Plans project. Develops and analyzes cause and effect diagrams. Collects and analyzes data to prioritize causes. Designs and conducts special experiments to verify causes. Participates in development of alternative solutions. Coordinated implementation to the approved solution.
- Accountable to monitor the KPIs for the process assigned, defining and maintaining the actions plans to achieve the established goals.
- Provides training on the quality management system documentation, product quality tests and product measurements to personnel.
- Accountable to maintain the Critical to Quality Certification Process for the assigned processes.
- Determine the most efficient workstation layout, machines, tools and operations required to develop optimum line balance for sequential operations. Devises and develops the use of substitute equipment, tools and operations to overcome production schedule or technical problems.
- Participate in productivity and quality improvements by investigation, analyzing and estimating cost reduction in proposed major changes involving department layouts, methods and operation sequence, machine utilization, tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Investigate new process technologies that can improve product quality or process performance metrics. Determines adaptability to Rheem facilities and product designs. Works with the project engineering team to validate feasibility and determine next steps for equipment selection, installation and implementation.
- Investigate and provide solutions for process issues to reduce defects, scrap or re-work to improve the quality of the product and productivity of the plant.
Directly supervises nonexempt employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of three years' quality engineering experience.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at the engineering technical level with people in and outside of the QA Department.
- Must possess effective verbal and written skills to communicate technical analysis of problems and reports.
- Knowledge of common PC software applications such as spreadsheets and word processors a must.
- A well-developed problem solving ability is a must.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science field a Plus!
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Minimum of one year's experience as a QA Engineer
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top