A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
This exciting Purchasing Analyst role will be responsible for the acquisition of material and resources for the manufacturing facility, including but not limited to, the purchase of raw materials, fabricated parts, services, tooling, MRO purchases, office supplies, and office equipment which are required for the manufacture of a finished product. Responsible for issuing purchase orders for these items by determining the best price, quality, delivery, and inventory. Updates, communicates, and maintains information that relates to correspondence between suppliers, material control and purchasing. Maintains and updates information in the system on part numbers, pricing, freight terms, payment terms and addresses.
This position will serve our HTPG Division, out of Scottsboro, AL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain and control the activities related to their assigned commodities, and contracts, and interface with production and engineering.
- Enter and maintain part's pricing
- Maintain safety stock information on inventory purchases by reviewing past and upcoming usage
- Fax, call in, e-mail, and issue purchase orders
- Enter purchase orders into the system, i.e., freight terms, purchase prices, payment terms
- Work directly with suppliers, by submitting prints on new parts, payment on receipts, and corrective actions.
- Coordinate buying activities with Material Control, Production Control, Operations, Engineering, and Accounting.
- Locate and quantify efficient and low cost suppliers for new and current material requirements.
- Negotiate most favorable purchase, select sources.
- Follow-up and expedite purchases when necessary
- Communicate status of critical parts to key individuals
- Manage assigned inventories, consistent with company investment policy keeping obsolete and dormant inventories to a minimum.
- Review, and cancel contracts when required or necessary.
- Maintains filing system for purchase orders
- Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Has in depth knowledge of the discipline and role
- Notify suppliers of discrepancies and ensure corrections are made.
- Develop/manage effective relationships with suppliers
- Review product availability and/or pricing information with suppliers.
- Conduct interviews with current and prospective supplier sales personnel.
- Develop/manage/evaluate relationships with other internal departments.
- Participate in cross-functional and/or multifunctional teams (e.g. project management, process improvement).
- Must attend work regularly.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ability to work without direct guidance or direction from others
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Must be capable of prioritizing multiple projects
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of computer applications
- Basic mathematical skills
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in a business related field, or six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Materials Requirements Planning
- Experience in strategic planning in purchasing.
- Experience in team development or self-directed work teams.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience in Make vs. Buy or Purchased vs. Manufactured Parts
- History of regular and consistent attendance at work
- Strong Computer Skills (MS Word, and Excel)
- Experience in commodity purchases (steel, copper, aluminum, electronics, etc.).
- Basic negotiation skills
- Familiarity with ERP system
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent organization skills
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in a business related field and six years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAquisition@Rheem.com .
Meet Some of Rheem's Employees
Phillip oversees tankless water heating products through every stage of their manufacture, managing projects from their initial conception and development through to their public release.
Back to top