Project Engineer - Sustaining
- Malibu, CA
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Project Engineer - Sustaining is responsible for product design and development activities for HVAC&R systems. As a member of the product engineering team, will have to perform, lead and coordinate activities related to product maintenance, sustaining, factory support, and field support after product launch as well as being responsible for implementing product cost improvements.
This position will serve our Raypak Division, located in Oxnard, CA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Conduct necessary background research, analysis and testing of various design options as it relates to key requirements including applicable product and test standards, performance, cost, manufacturability, installability, serviceability and project schedule, scope and cost.
- Coordinate activities as necessary with other functions such as Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality, and Finance etc. to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Actively engage with vendors of various components and sub-systems in order to successfully develop the product through active collaboration, specification, review, evaluation, and analysis of the purchased parts.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements and exploits these through design modifications.
- Create reports and presentations on product and project activities periodically and as required.
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Raypak's product, design, engineering, and service capabilities, as well as manufacturing and quality standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Raypak's and competitive products, and keep abreast of industry activities and product and technology trends.
WHAT YOU NEED
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or related Engineering with 3-5 years of experience or Master's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or related Engineering with 5-7 years of experience
- At least 3 years of experience in product development related to HVAC&R equipment
- Must be hands on and have experience in working in a lab preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability in working in cross-functional teams and leading other engineers and lab technicians.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in designing experiments, interpreting experimental data, conducting analysis, drawing conclusions and preparing summary reports.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in all business related software packages (e.g. MS Office), as well as experience with specific applications and programs related to design engineering (i.e., Creo, Solidworks, Pro/E, etc).
- Proficiency in project management, materials, manufacturing processes and business processes.
HOW TO STAND OUT
Advanced degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Professional Engineering certification
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Back to top