A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for product design and development activities for HVAC&R systems. As a member of the product engineering team, the position will have to perform, lead and coordinate activities related to system and component modeling, simulation, design, prototyping, testing and analysis, and all other engineering activities from concept through product launch as well as take part in cost improvement and product maintenance activities.
This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division, located in Fort Smith, AR.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct detailed thermo-fluid analysis of current and new products using analytical methods, in-house design tools/software and other commercial software.
- Conduct necessary background research, modeling, analysis and testing of various design options in support of new technology development and new product development projects.
- Actively engage with vendors of various components and sub-systems in order to successfully develop new technology, components and product through active collaboration, specification, review, testing, evaluation, and analysis.
- Create reports and presentations on technology, product and project activities periodically and as required.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements and exploits these through design modifications.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Rheem's product, design, engineering, and service capabilities, as well as manufacturing and quality standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Rheem's and competitive products, and keep abreast of industry activities and product and technology trends.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in product development in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in application of thermo-fluid modeling, analysis, design and development of products and systems.
- Must be hands on and have experience in working in a lab preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability in working in product development teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in designing experiments, interpreting experimental data, conducting analysis, drawing conclusions and preparing summary reports.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in all business related software packages (e.g. MS Office), as well as experience with specific applications and programs related to design engineering (i.e., Creo, Solidworks, Pro/E, etc). Familiarity and/or experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software such as ANSYS-Fluent.
- Working knowledge of project management, materials, manufacturing processes and business processes.
- Working knowledge of new product and technology development processes.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Masters's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering. Particular specialization on Thermal-Fluids and/or Energy Engineering.
- Experience with design, testing and analysis of HVAC&R systems.
- Experience with application of commercial and in-house thermal-fluids systems modeling and analysis tools.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top