- Montgomery, AL
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities involved in the development, prototype, evaluation and validation of product and component designs.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Supervise employees assigned to the project group and be responsible for contractual fulfillment of the assigned projects. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates. Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of projects.
- Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, shop, fit, cost, strength and schedule.
- Coordinate such activities as purchasing, accounting, contract administration, manufacturing, outside vendors and plant security in order to ensure successful completion of projects with constraints
- Direct preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released material list, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project. Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 5-8 years of related experience in project management
- Strong team/group management skills
- Experience in evaluating products for manufacturability, cost and performance
- Experience in investigating, troubleshooting, documenting, and performing corrective actions in product designs. Strong intra/inter company and external coordination skills
- Experience in contract administration, and working with outside vendors
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
HOW TO STAND OUT
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in cross-functional project management education or training
- Working knowledge of UL and CSA water heater standards
- Experience in design training
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.
Back to top